About Me

My photo
Hello! I am an Author who just published my first novel My Life With The Movie Star. I also write a weekly blog for patch.com and have blogged for CNN iReports.

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Four things that irk me!



My intent with this blog is to be an extremely light hearted, funny blog about things that recently irk me.  In no way do I mean to insult, or offend anyone on this list except maybe the celebrity moms!

4.  Celebrity Moms- I’m irked by all the celebrity moms out there that have a baby and 1 month latter are back on the red carpet or a beach in perfect shape.  I’m jealous of them since I have never had children and can’t keep up with their perfect bodies.  Now if I were a celebrity, I know that I would have a personal trainer, dietician, and agent all paid, to kick my butt into gear.  Until that happens, I will just gawk at the covers of the tabloid magazines and wonder how the hell they just had a baby, and yet still fit into that teeny tiny bikini!



3.   Road Construction- I live in a small city.  We have three ways to get into the city by car and two of the three ways are currently under road construction.  I’m not talking about repaving the road I’m talking about ripping up bridge road construction.  One of the on ramps to get onto Hwy 45 is now so dangerous; I’m amazed every day that we do not have a fifty car pileup!  To make matters worse, they are behind schedule and the road construction will go on for the foreseeable future.



2. This Season of Mad Men- Mad Men has become one of my all-time favorite shows.  I was so disappointed when a contract dispute pushed the fifth season of Mad Men from July 2011 to March 2012.  The fourth season had ended in October 2010, forced to wait seventeen months before I could find out what happened to Don Draper and company.  Well the start to the fifth season has been slow, to say the least, what made Mad Men enjoyable was the mix of marketing pitches, and the fooling around.  This season has neither.  The marketing pitches limited to Heinz Baked Beans, and the fooling around is non-existent with Don getting married, Joan having a baby, and Peggy in a "living in sin" committed relationship.  I hope that the next 6 episodes go back to the Mad Men roots and have some drama in them.



1. E. L. James and Fifty Shades- E. L. James is a self-published author (just like me), who loved the Twilight saga, (just like me), had a crush on Robert Pattinson (just like me) and wrote a book about her crush, (just like me).   Unlike me, she wrote a highly erotic version of Twilight called Fifty Shades of Grey that caught on like wild fire over the internet. Now she is a famous author with a movie deal.   I should be happy for her. She is one of a few self-published authors to be on the New York Times best sellers list.  She has helped the self-publishing industry, and given hope to many indie authors that maybe someday your book might be discovered.   I just can not help but be jealous of her success.  Our stories and inspiration are remarkably similar.  Fifty Shades of Grey is a story about Ana Steele, normal girl, and Christian Grey, hottie millionaire CEO.  My Life With The Movie Star is  inspired, not Twilight, but by the actor, Robert Pattinson.  Robert was the reflection I used to create the ideal movie star boyfriend Grayson Edwards.   The relationship between Grayson and Abby is similar to Fifty Shades of Grey.  Grayson is handsome, rich and infatuated with Abby.  Abby is an average girl, and not sure she belongs in Grayson’s world.   I do feel that I did give Abby a better voice than Bella/ Ana.  Abby is a confident woman who has been in the work force for several years, she has purchased her own home and can provide for herself.   Bella is still a highs school student so her means to support herself is limited, but Ana who is weeks away from graduating college has no plan for  her career, and her  only living arrangement is to continue being a roommate to her rich college friend Kate.  Grayson has no need to ask Abby to be anything different than who she is. This is something that Christian almost demands of Ana, and Edward reluctantly has to change Bella for their love to last through time.  My Life With The Movie Star does have a bit of “romance” in it, but I would categories it as PG romance. Abby gets to see Grayson’s abs a few times, and that is the extent of any adult content. My Life With The Movie Star by Meaghan Hoffmann is available on amazon.com



No comments:

Post a Comment